Here’s our Monday rundown of everything you need to know for the week of Jan. 2-8
The weather: Happy New Year. 2023 kicks off with some windy conditions Monday and Tuesday but the temps are forecasted to be nice this week.
Here’s what is happening in Albuquerque this week
- There’s a City Council meeting Wednesday from 5-10:30 p.m. Among the items on the agenda are more discussions on homelessness in Albuquerque. The public is invited to comment but must sign up online before Wednesday.
- The Rail Yards Advisory Board is meeting Friday from 8:30-10:30 a.m. on Zoom. The public is invited to participate in the discussion about the master planning and oversight of the redevelopment process of the Rail Yards.
- The “Al’burr’querque Polar Bear Plunge” is 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Sierra Vista Pool. Brave enough to take a dip in 40-degree water?
Let’s catch you up on the headlines
- 2022 was quite the year for Volcano Vista High School. We looked back at the top stories from last year.
- Violence continued to plague Albuquerque in 2022.
- We shared some of our top sports photos from the past year.
Here’s what we’re working on this week
- A new gym is opening in Rio Rancho; we’ll be there at the ribbon cutting and share all the amenities it has to offer.
- We’ll have photo galleries from Volcano Vista basketball and the New Mexico Ice Wolves.
- There’s plenty to do in January at libraries in northeast and northwest Albuquerque.