Hundreds of Albuquerque Public School students participated in the Metro Youth Art Exhibit last week.
The professionally juried exhibit is sponsored by the APS Fine Arts Department and features a variety of artwork from high school and middle school students.
The top performers from Volcano Vista High School were:
- Corrine Spencer, 12th grade, second place ceramic sculpture
- Rey Sandoval, 11th grade, student choice ceramic sculpture
- Ashley Leo-Montoya, 12th grade, first place ceramics
- Sophia Garcia, 10th grade, first place digital photography
- Logan Johnson, 12th grade, third place digital photography
- Kadence Billingsly, 10th grade, second place digital special techniques
- Kevin Martinez, ninth grade, third place digital special techniques
- Darien Gallegos, 10th grade, first place resourced illustration
- Mackenzie Vela, 10th grade, third place resourced illustration
- Trinity Rubidoux, ninth grade, second place, sculpture
- Mackenzie Vela, 10th grade, third place sculpture
The city of Albuquerque Public Arts Program continued its tradition of purchasing several pieces from the show, including two from Volcano Vista students: digital special technique by Carrie Mondragon and drawing by Michaela Trujillo.
The Bernalillo County Public Art Collection purchased two items from Volcano Vista students: a ceramic sculpture by Emelia Serna and a digital photograph from Carolyn Woolcott.
A gallery of the artwork can be viewed here.