High school students in Albuquerque Public Schools are invited to apply for a fully funded scholarship to spend an academic year in Germany.
The scholarship is offered through the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program. It is offered annually to 250 American students who will live with a host family and study abroad at a high school in Germany. The program is for high school students who want to experience a different culture and learn a new language.
The scholarship includes:
- International airfare to and from Germany (departing from Washington, D.C.)
- Orientation in Washington, D.C.
- A four-week language and cultural immersion camp.
- A host family in Germany with meals and lodging provided.
- Schooling in Germany.
- Health and accident insurance.
- End-of-year seminars in Washington, D.C., and Berlin.
Eligible students must be a U.S. citizen born between Feb. 1, 2005, and Aug. 1, 2008, with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Click here to apply.