Vic Briseno has turned his lifelong love of pizza and board games into a unique business in northwest Albuquerque.
Slice & Dice Pizzeria, located at 5720 McMahon Blvd. NW Suite B, is a family-owned board game pizzeria that offers tasty pizzas, local craft beers and a plethora of board games for patrons to play while they enjoy a beer and a slice.
Briseno is the “Fearless Leader and Game Guru” of Slice & Dice. He grew up in his family’s pizzeria in Grants before moving to Albuquerque and opening his own pizza place.
Slice & Dice serves six specialty pizzas:
- The Full House (pepperoni, sausage, beef, mushrooms, onions and black olives)
- Supreme (pepperoni, beef, sausage, ham, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and tomatoes)
- King Meat (pepperoni, beef, sausage, ham and bacon)
- The Garden (black olives, mushrooms, onions, green peppers and tomatoes)
- Blanco (white pizza made with mascarpone, spinach, artichoke hearts and mozzerella)
- Hawaiian (extra ham, bacon and pineapple)
Guests can also create their own pizza, choosing from a variety of toppings and cheese. Slice & Dice also offers appetizers, like wings and jalapeño poppers, several salads, sub sandwiches and churros.
There’s also seven local beers on tap and many non-alcoholic beverages.
But the star of Slice & Dice is the shelves filled with games.
Roughly a quarter of the space inside of Slice & Dice is filled with large shelves containing hundreds of games. The games can be played while you eat and drink and are also available for purchase.
If you don’t know how to play a particular game, Slice & Dice has game guides to help you learn the rules so you can have some fun with your meal. Guests can even bring their own games in to play.
If you want to have a pizza/game night in the comfort of your own home, Slice & Dice offers delivery of food and games.
Slice & Dice is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.