- Dagmar’s Oktoberfest is Saturday. The event will feature German food, beer from Brew Lab 101, prize giveaways and live music from Die Polka Schlingels. That celebration runs from noon to 4 p.m. at Dagmar’s Delectables at 2704 Southern in Rio Rancho.
- Pawsitive Life Rescue is holding a pet adoption event Saturday at Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Woof Gang is a one-stop shop featuring baked treats, organic food and day spa treatments for your furry family members.
- It’s a big sports weekend for Volcano Vista High School athletes. The football team visits Cleveland Friday night at 7. The volleyball team visits West Mesa Saturday at 2 p.m. The boys soccer team faces Cleveland on Saturday at 11 a.m. while the girls play Cleveland at 10 a.m. Both soccer games are at the APS Soccer Complex.
4. Get a peek at the new Route 66 Visitor Center with a preview celebration and ribbon cutting Friday. City Councilor Klarissa Peña, Bernalillo County Commissioner Steven Michael Quezada and the West Central Development Group will be on hand for the event, which runs from 3-9 p.m. at 12300 Central Ave. SW. There will also be live music, food trucks, vendors and “breathtaking views,” according to city officials. There will be no on-site parking at the event, but park and ride services will be offered at Herrera Coaches, 10605 Central Ave. NW, and the Unser Blvd. Transit Park & Ride lot.
5. A new live music series is hitting downtown Albuquerque. In conjunction with the 50th Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Burque Live is focused on invigorating the downtown area and will initially feature more than 60 performances over the next two weekends. Dozens of local artists will perform at a variety of venues, including family-friendly options, in the downtown area and will be free and open to the public. For a schedule of performances and information about the artists, visit burquelive.com.
6. Netflix in Your Neighborhood launches Friday at Skate-O-Mania’s Stranger Things Night. Spin through the Upside Down to retro anthems from the hit show in ‘80s looks inspired by Eleven and her pals. The night will include photo ops and chances to win Netflix prize packs. Sessions run from 4-6 p.m., 6-8 p.m. and 8-10 p.m. Visit NetflixNM.com for more information.
7. It’s Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta time. The event officially kicks off its 50th anniversary Saturday at Balloon Fiesta Park and runs through Oct. 9. For a full schedule, tickets or parking information, visit balloon fiesta.com. If you would rather watch from afar, check out one of these options. Additionally, we’d love to see your photos. Share them at https://www.neighborhoodjournal.com/submit-a-photo/