- Brew Lab 101 will be hosting a fundraiser for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer from 2-6 p.m. Saturday. There will be more than 20 creative craft makers, two food trucks, speciality cotton candy, live music and face painting. Limited-edition T-shirts will be available for purchase, and a raffle will be held with all benefits going to the American Cancer Society.
- Wagner’s Farmland Experience in Corrales is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and offers pumpkin picking and corn mazes. Admission is $10 for ages 12 and over and $8 for ages 3-11. This location is north of the Wagner Farm Stand on Corrales Road, so continue past the farmers’ market.
- Everyone in the neighborhood is invited to have “A Spooky Good Time” Saturday at Ventana West Park from 1-4 p.m. There will be Halloween fun, lawn games, face painting, door prizes and pumpkin decorating. Also, more than 200 free pumpkins will be given away.
4. Join the Walk to Cure Arthritis Saturday morning at Veteran’s Memorial Park. Sponsored by the Arthritis Foundation, the goal is to support research for better treatments and a cure as well as offering tools and resources to help reduce chronic pain and improve peoples lives. It is the inaugural event for the walk, and 10-year-old Jocelyn Proa, who has battled juvenile inflammatory arthritis, will be honored. Residents can walk, raise funds or volunteer to support the event, which begins at 8:30 a.m.; the walk itself starts at 9:30 a.m. For more information or to register or donate, click here.
5. ABQ CiQlovía is hosting a block party from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday along Kathryn from Louisiana to San Pedro. The event is a celebration of streets that are closed to cars and open to people on foot and bike, allowing for outdoor exercise classes, shopping, live music and other activities. For more information, click here or follow ABQ CiQlovía on Facebook and Instagram.
6. A community art show scheduled for Friday features the work of artistes with lived experiences of homelessness. Works include paintings, drawings, poetry, jewelry and more. It runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Civic Plaza and runs concurrently with Food Truck Friday, allowing visitors to enjoy lunch and entertainment on the plaza.
7. The aquarium at ABQ BioPark is hosting On the Rocks: Rio to the Sea from 6:30-9 p.m. Friday. This 21-plus event explores the coral reefs, the lives of sea turtles, and the inner workings of fish with a fish dissection. A BioPark aquarist will be on hand to answer questions, and there will also be games, a selfie station, tropical drinks and snacks. Tickets are $55 and must be purchased in advance and include and themed welcome drink (alcoholic and nonalcoholic available). For more information or details on how to purchase tickets, click here.