- The Open Space Visitor Center is hosting a movie night from 6-7 p.m. Friday. “Sleeping Monsters, Sacred Fires: Volcanoes of New Mexico” will be shown to help people learn about the creation of volcanoes and local geology. It is a free event, but registration is required by calling 505-768-4950.
- There will be a rummage sale at Cabezon Park from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Clean out your closet and sell your treasures at the Cabezon Back to School Rummage Sale. Booth rental space is $35 and registration is required.
- Albuquerque Christian Children’s Home is hosting its annual Open House & BBQ Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. You meet the staff and children while enjoying food from Rudy’s BBQ. The event costs $10 per person with children under 11 getting in for free.
4. The Somos Unidos U-17 Cup continues through Sunday at First Financial Training Center, 5601 University Blvd. SE. Doors open at 2:30 p.m. each day with closing ceremonies at 12:40 p.m. Sunday. Participating teams include the Colorado Rapids, C.F. Monterrey Raids, Atlanta United and New Mexico United. For a full schedule of games or tickets, click here.
5. Celebrate the weekend at the ABQ BioPark. Friday is World Elephant Day with keeper talks and discovery stations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. It’s also the finale of the Zoo Music series from 6-8:30 p.m. featuring Flor de Toloache, a rescheduled performance from June 3. Tickets from the date will be valid for Friday’s event if they have not been used at a previous Zoo Music concert.
6. Celebrate India Day at North Domingo Baca Park Saturday, Aug. 13 from 5 p.m. until the festivities are over. Experience Indian culture, food, clothes, music and more while learning about the country’s independence from British Rule. Visit linktr.ee/indiadayabq or click here for more information.
7. Get your gloves on for a night of professional boxing at 7 p.m. Saturday. Featured fights are Abraham Perez vs. Isaac Anguiano and Katherine Lindenmuth vs. Amanda Lovato in addition to eight other bouts. Fights will be in the Lujan Building at Expo New Mexico. For tickets, call 505-382-5126.