1.Heights Summerfest returns to North Domingo Baca Park, 7521 Carmel Ave. NE, from 5-10 p.m. Saturday. This free event features DK & The Affordables at 5 p.m., Felix y Los Gatos at 6 p.m., ChillHouse with Hillary Smith at 7 p.m., and headliner Preservation Hall Jazz Band at 8:30 p.m. There will also be food trucks, kids’ activities such as face painting, jump houses and a climbing wall, and the Cantina featuring local breweries, distilleries and wineries. Local businesses will also have artisan booths set up featuring art, home goods, clothing, jewelry and more. For more information, click here.
2. Clinical neuropsychologist Dr. Barbara Koltuska-Hasking will discuss here award-winning book “How My Brain Works” from 2-3:30 p.m. Saturday at Cherry Hills Public Library, 6901 Barstow St. NE. The discussion will be held outside on the library’s back patio. The book wont first place in the 2021 IAN Book of the Year Awards and first place in the 2021 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards in its respective categories. Registration is required for the event and can be made here.
3. The Blissful Summer Pop-Up Party, featuring more than 70 vendors and hosted by Blissful Spirits Hot Yoga, runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at 4300 El Pueblo NE. Raffle proceeds will go to Watermelon Ranch, and 50% of vendor fees are being donated to A Light in the Community Outreach Program. Vendors include food trucks, drink stands, ice cream and Paleta bars. DJ Malik will be providing music. All ages and pets are welcome at this free event.
4. Albuquerque Pride is hosting the 46th PrideFest at EXPO New Mexico, 300 San Pedro Drive NE. Friday includes Pridefest free night and talent showcase from 5-9 p.m. Saturday is the main event featuring the Pride Parade at 10 a.m. along Central in Nob Hill. Dance and music will continue at the main event at EXPO New Mexico from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information or tickets, visit abqpride.com
5. The Backstreet Boys are bringing their DNA World Tour to Isleta Resort & Casino, 5601 University Blvd. SE, at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets to see the boy band sensation range in price from $39-$299.50 and can be purchased here.
6. This weekend marks the opening of Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel: The Exhibition at EXPO New Mexico, 300 San Pedro Drive NE. The exhibition showcases one of man’s greatest artistic achievements while allowing visitors toe experience the art in an up-close, life-size and never-before-seen perspective. The ceiling paintings from the Sistine Chapel have bee reproduced using licensed, high-definition photos and have been brought to life with a special printing technique that emulates the look and fee of the original paintings. Audio guides are available to rent for those wanting a more in-depth experience. The exhibit is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays June 10 through Aug. 7. For more information, email email@example.com or click here.
7. The Festival Flamenco Albuquerque celebrates its 35th year as it gets under way Saturday. The eight-day event features performances, workshops, youth programs and Flamenco New Mexico lecture series. The festival is hosted by the National Institute of Flamenco and the University of New Mexico to preserve and promote flamenco’s artistry, history and culture. For more information, a full schedule of events or tickets, click here.