- Albuquerque’s First Baptist Church is hosting a MOPS and MOMSNext Meeting from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Friday. Coffee and brunch will be provided as moms share and encourage other moms. There will be discussion time, crafts and activities.
- Cibola High School’s 17th annual Holiday Craft Show is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. There will be several local vendors on site to help you get a jump on your holiday shopping.
100.3 The Peak and JTR in the Morning are hosting a food drive for the Storehouse New Mexico food pantry from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday from 6 a.m -6 p.m. The public is invited to drop by and donate canned goods and shelf-stable foods such as soups, canned meats and peanut butter at Albertson’s Market on Coors. Financial donations are also accepted the day of the event and here.
4. The New Mexico Philharmonic brings the silver screen to life with Music from Blockbusters at 8 p.m. Saturday at Popejoy Hall, 203 Cornell Drive NE. The concert will include favorites from “Gladiator,” “Apollo 13,” “Mission Impossible,” “The Magnificent Seven” and more.
5. New Mexico Young Actors present “The Jungle Book” at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the National Hispanic Cultural Center. The production is based on “The Mowgli Stories” by Rudyard Kipling and follow the adventures of the “man-cub” Mowgli, a boy who was raised by wolves in a jungle in India. More than two dozen youth will perform in the play and will feature a small orchestra with a sitar. Tickets are $14.
6. The “BIG, Big Show of Little, Little Trains” comes to Balloon Fiesta Park Multi-Use Facility from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Rails along the Rio Grande Model Train Show bills itself as the Southwest’s premier model train event.
7. “The Season of La Llorona” concludes its run this weekend. Presented by the University of New Mexico Theatre and Dance, the show is written by Rudolfo Anaya and directed by theatre student Paul Esquibel. Show times are 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at The Experimenta Theatre on the UNM central campus. Tickets are $17.50.