1.Pet-A-Bulls is hosting a Santa Paws photo shoot for dogs Sunday at Woof Gang Bakery. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., you can bring in your pup to take a photo with Santa. It’s $10 per photo. All proceeds will go to Pet-A-Bulls, which is “an all volunteer based ‘Bully’ breed adoption group.
2. Who’s up for a road trip? Volcano Vista High School’s football team is heading down south to play at Hobbs at 7 p.m. Friday in the quarterfinals of the State Football Playoffs.
3. The New Mexico Department of Veterans’ Services will be hosting a parade and celebration Friday in honor of Veteran’s Day from 10-11 a.m. at Veterans Park in Rio Rancho.
4. The ABQ BioPark is offering veterans and military personnel $1 admission Friday. Those presenting a valid military or veteran’s ID card can get in at the special rate, and up to five accompanying family members will get in for $1 each as well. The special admission is for one-time use at the soon or the aquarium/botanic garden. Guests can get their tickets in advance online by selecting “Veterans and Active Duty” ticket for Nov. 11 on the zoo or aquarium/garden ticket pages. Tickets will also be available at the gate.
5. The Return of the Sandhill Crane Celebration runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Open Space Visitor Center 6500 Coors Blvd. NW. The day includes yoga on the patio, a discussion on bird-safe yards, a performance from Maple Street Dance, a Book of Cranes display and more, all at no cost.
6. Starting at noon Saturday, those age 21 and older are invited to check out “the first-ever event in NM to deliver ALL the adult beverages at one festival.” The Enchantment Beer, Wine and Spirits Festival will run until 5 p.m. at the Balloon Fiesta Park Multi-Use Facility. Several breweries, wineries, distilleries and food vendors will be on hand throughout the day with last call at 4:30 p.m. A list of vendors and information on how to get tickets can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
7. A Veterans Day Parade and ceremony will be held at New Mexico Veterans Memorial. The parade starts at 9 a.m. at USS Bullhead Memorial Park and continues to New Mexico Beterans Memorial. The ceremony and celebration follows from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and includes vendors, food trucks and educational and fun activities.