Here’s our Monday rundown of everything you need to know for the week of Dec. 5-9.
The weather: Albuquerque is expected to get off to a nice start to the week with a high of 61 projected for Monday. Thursday could be chilly with a high of 48 and a low of 27 forceasted.
Here’s what is happening in Albuquerque this week
- There is a free holiday crafts event from 6-8 p.m. Thursday at River of Lights. All crafts will be provided.
- The City Council will meet 5-10:30 p.m. Monday with final action on amending The Integrated Development Ordinance To Remove All References To Safe Outdoor Spaces, among other things, on the agenda. The meeting will be available to watch on Zoom, and citizens are encouraged to sign up to make public comments during the meeting.
- Albuquerque Housing Forward is hosting a public meeting to learn about hotel and motel conversions as a strategy to increase the housing supply in Albuquerque from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Albuquerque Convention Center Anasazi Room. Attendees are asked to register before the free event. There will be a virtual meeting on Dec. 13 with the same information.
- The New Mexico Ice Wolves host a pair of games against the Oklahoma Warriors on Thursday and Friday at the Outpost Ice Arenas. Both games start at 6:30 p.m.
- Flix Brewhouse is holding a special showing of “Johnny Cash: The Redemption of an American Icon,” a documentary about the legend’s road to redemption and return to his faith. Doors open at 7 p.m. on Monday with the show starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale now.
Let’s catch you up on the headlines
- The Neighborhood Journal was there to take photos and video of the 2022 APS Diving Invitational.
- Madison Middle School concert band put on a show last week.
- Albuquerque Public School is working with the community to shape the future of the district.
- The race to win the House District 68 election is headed to a recount.
- Albuquerque Police Department released details on an officer-involved shooting.
Here’s what we’re working on this week
- We’ll let you know what some of the best seasonal jobs you can get in NE Albuquerque.
- Eldorado High School alum Zach Gentry honored four fallen BCSO first responders with his cleats Sunday.
- There’s two holiday parades Saturday in Ventana Ranch; we’ll help you get ready to celebrate.
- The Westside Animal Shelter is hoping to find homes for all of its pets this holiday season. We’ll show you the dogs and cats available for adoption.