For the second straight year, the Albuquerque Public Schools Education Foundation held a Door and Workspace Decorating Contest for students and teachers throughout the city during October.
More than 160 entries were received in the contest, which asked to show pride in their school by decorating doors or workspace using one of three themes: APS spirit, autumn or Halloween. They were allowed to enter as individuals or as teams of co-workers.
And the winners are…
- Student Participation: Alyssa Otero, ninth-grade English at West Mesa High School
- Best Halloween Theme: Becky Cherne, Apache Elementary School
- Best Fall Theme: Brian Stinson, art class, Chamiza Elementary School
- Most Artistic: Catherine Davis, fifth grade at E.G. Ross Elementary School
- Best 3-D: Celeste Hernandez, Lew Wallace Elementary School
- Honorable Mention for Creativity: Mandy Casey, Phoebe Cummins and Judy Hollins of Apache Elementary School
- Best Video: Student Information Systems
- Scariest: Therese Wright, Freedom High School
- Best #APSProud Spirit: Tracy Widner, Georgia O’Keeffe Elementary School