As the year winds down, the Neighborhood Journal will be taking a look back at some of our favorite stories, photos and videos from 2022.
Top 5 stories from NW Albuquerque in 2022
5. Some iconic cars made several appearances in Ventana Ranch throughout the holiday season.
4. The family of legendary basketball coach Mike Brown created a scholarship to add to is legacy.
3. New Mexico United superfan Carlos Tenorio, AKA Sombrero Man, is the voice of Volcano Vista athletics.
2. Volcano Vista student body president Angela Korte had quite a day in May. Not only did she receive her diploma and deliver an inspiring speech at graduation, she also won a state track and field championship that day.
- What else could top this list besides Mr. Christmas? Nate Bywater and other neighbors came together to raise more than $13,000 for Dave Plourde, an icon in Ventana Ranch known for his breathtaking Christmas displays.