The Animal Welfare Department is asking the public for donations for the homeless pets in city shelters this holiday season.
The wish list for cats and dogs
Small cat toys, treats, beds, brushes, wand toys, scratchers, blankets, towels, dog enrichment toys, collars, harnesses, pill pockets and Kong’s toys.
Donations will be accepted through Dec. 31. Members of the public can drop off their donations at the Animal Welfare Department shelters and at participating small businesses throughout the city.
You can also support local animals by selecting Kennel Kompadres your charity of choice when you shop on Amazon.
You can also order goodies for the animals through the Amazon Wish List for Albuquerque Shelter Animals.
10 cats and dogs available for adoption at the Westside Shelter
Of course, the Animal Welfare Department wants to find forever homes for these pets.
Donation drop-off locations
- Clarks Pet Emporium – 4914 Lomas Blvd. NE, 87112, 268-5977
- Clarks Pet Emporium – 11200 Menaul Blvd. NE 87111, 292-6288
- Petco – 10700 Lomas Blvd. NE, 87112, 296-0978
- Petco – 3601 Old Airport Road NW, 87114, 898-2450
- Boofy’s Best for Pets – 8201 Golf Course Road NW, 87120, 890-0757
- Boofy’s Best for Pets – 4610 Cutler Ave. NE, 87110, 884-3855
- Simply Diego’s – 3301 Menual Blvd. NE, Suite 10, 87107, 990-0099
- Eastside shelter: 8920 Lomas Blvd. NE
- Westside shelter: 11800 Sunset Gardens SW
- Everyday Adoption Center (inside PetSmart): 350 Eubank Blvd. NE