Dutch Bros. Coffee, founded in 1992, has become a staple coffee “hut” throughout southern Oregon and northern California.
By the 2000s, franchises were popping up throughout the Northwest and are now in 11 states, including six locations in Albuquerque and its surrounding cities.
Their newest location is in Bernalillo, but tucked away on Juan Tabo, just north of Lomas, a location opened in January 2021.
The customer philosophy, keeping an upbeat vibe, and the charity Dutch Bros. gives shows that the organization is more than just a coffee company. The company simply wants people to feel like it is somewhat of a celebration to go get a drink at one of their locations.
It seems people will sit for hours on end for blocks to enjoy a tasty Dutch Bros. beverage, while others are wondering what all the hype is about. Others may also be feeling discouraged or intimidated by the oddly small menu options shown, drive-up and walk-up options only, and the “Broistas” who come out on foot asking for an order on the spot can be somewhat confusing for first-timers.
Their menu is actually enormous, and it is highly advised folks either check out their website or download the app, which shows tons of options and flavorings.
Dutch Bros. Public Relations lead Rilynn Davis said Albuquerque has been particularly welcoming when a new Dutch Bros. location pops up, and there are plans for yet another location this spring.
Regarding customer favorites, Davis said, “Some of our most popular drinks include our Golden Eagle Breve and our Caramelizer Mocha, but a lot of new customers also love our exclusive Rebel Energy Drink infused with their favorite fruity flavor.”
- The Dutch Bros. Blue Rebel is the house-made energy drink and has a whopping 39 custom Torani syrup flavor blends listed, but has endless combinations really, which can be served sugar free and on ice or blended.
One of the top Blue Rebel combos is the Shark Attack, which has blue raspberry, coconut, lime with pomegranate drizzle, and certainly does look like a tropical get away in a cup.
- The Golden Eagle Breve “is a creamy breve featuring bold espresso, half and half, vanilla syrup and caramel sauce, then topped with whipped cream and a caramel sauce drizzle. Available hot, iced or blended, making it a versatile drink for any day!”
- Carmelizer Mocha is made with a bold espresso, exclusive chocolate milk, caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream. Available hot, iced or blended.
Hours for the coffee shop are 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. There are limited items for food with the lemon poppyseed, orange cranberry or chocolate chip muffin tops as well as granola bars.
Now that the hype has finally died down a bit, and there being more locations popping up throughout the city, it is worth checking just what Dutch Bros. has to offer.
For more info in their menu click here at: https://www.dutchbros.com/menu
To download the app for freebees discounts, visit:
Top 10 Dutch Bros. Drinks
• Golden Eagle Breve.
• Picture Perfect Dutch Freeze.
• Shark Attack Blue Rebel Energy Drink.
• White Mocha Cold Brew.
• Palm Beach Lemonade.
• Tropical Tea.
• White Chocolate Dutch Frost.
• OG Gummy Bear Dutch Soda.