Albuquerque Public Schools is accepting registration for preschool and kindergarten students for the 2022-23 school year.
Both registrations will need to be completed on ParentVue, which gives parents secure, private access to school and student information.
Kindergarten students must be at least 5 years old prior to Sept. 1 to enroll for this school year.
The required documents that needed to be uploaded to ParentVue or brought in to the school are:
- Student’s birth certificate (must be an original, not a copy). Acceptable substitutions until an official birth certificate can be obtained include: CIB certificate for Native Americans; reliable medical, civil or religious records; letter from a duly authorized agency having custody (D.E.S. or court-appointed guardian).
- Most current immunization record (signed by health care provider). School nurses can look up your child’s immunization records.
- Residency documentation form with proof of home address. Two proofs of residency (driver’s license, utility or phone bill, rental agreement, bank or credit statement) are required.
- Kindergarten transportation information.
- Kindergarten parent questionnaire.
- Student health history.
- McKinney-Vento eligibility form, if your family is living with relatives or homeless.
- Language survey form.
- Any legal court documentation that provides custody information.
- Family Living with Family Form, if the family does not have a home of their own.
Preschool students must be 4 years old prior to Sept. 1 to enroll in an APS Pre-K program.
Pre-K programs are offered at many schools in Albuquerque, including both Ventana Ranch Elementary School and Petroglyph.