The year 2022 has been a very exciting one at the Neighborhood Journal.
In March, the website went live with our soft launch. It was an exciting moment for us, and we got a lot of positive feedback. Over the summer, we fully launched and began advertising to the Albuquerque community.
Then, in November, the Neighborhood Journal was awarded first place in the Best Website category from the New Mexico Press Association.
To close out the year, we thought it would be fun to take a look back on our most popular stories of 2022. One stood out in particular. Our virtual tour of the house used for the Byers Lenora Hills home in Stranger Things season four topped most or our categories. Here’s a rundown of the top five stories based on different metrics.
This measures how many times readers visited a story in total, including those who came back to the story more than one time.
- Newly opened Toy Shack sells one-of-a-kind products. This story highlights a new shop in northeast Albuquerque that opened its doors just in time for the holiday season. (1,223)
- ‘Stranger Things’ house now a nostalgic getaway. One of our staff members go the chance to visit the house used in Netflix’s mega-hit. You can visit it, too, as it’s a rental on Airbnb. (1,118)
- Best Halloween decorations in the Northeast Heights. A photo compilation of homes decorated for the spooky holiday. (717)
- Fairy Prom Mother makes form dreams come true. One woman has brought her program to provide formal gowns to low-income students to Albuquerque. (534)
- Armed men rob Paradise Hills Allsup’s. A writeup about a crime that was committed in Northwest Albuquerque and details about the suspects. (486)
Unlike page views, this metric does not include repeat visits and therefore measures how many different readers visited a story. While the order shifts a bit, it was the same stories that cracked the top five in page views.
- ‘Stranger Things’ house now a nostalgic getaway. (1,024)
- Best Halloween decorations in the Northeast Heights. (662)
- Newly opened Toy Shack sells one-of-a-kind products. (613)
- Fairy Prom Mother makes form dreams come true. (471)
- Armed men rob Paradise Hills Allsup’s. (414)
Combined hours read
Our readers spent more than a day total reading or viewing some of our stories. This metric adds up the total amount of time stories were viewed on our website.
- ‘Stranger Things’ house now a nostalgic getaway. (37.58 hours)
- Best Halloween decorations in the Northeast Heights. (29.68 hours)
- Spookiest spot in Northeast at Embudo Canyon Foothills Haunted Hill. A roundup of a ghost stories and local legends about this spot in the Sandia foothills. (20.1 hours)
- Area residents offer crime prevention strategies. Concerns about crime are a near-constant conversation in Albuquerque. This article offers tips on how to prevent being hit by crime. (19.08 hours)
- Fairy Prom Mother makes form dreams come true. (17.5 hours)