For those looking to live in a mansion on the hill, North Albuquerque Acres is the place to be. The website Neighborhood Scout lists North Albuquerque Acres West as the most expensive neighborhood and North Albuquerque Acres as the second most expensive in the metro.
The website places both neighborhoods between Paseo del Norte Boulevard to the south, Elena Drive to the north, Tramway Boulevard to the east and Wyoming Boulevard to the west, with Holbrook Street dividing the two neighborhoods between east and west. The Southwest Multiple Listing Service boundaries for North Albuquerque Acres include NAA West and a large section north of Paseo del Norte to San Antonio Drive, with Ventura Street being the western boundary.
North Albuquerque Acres features large lots, breathtaking views of the Sandia Mountains and easy access to parks, shopping, hiking and equestrian trails. The neighborhood feeds into Double Eagle Elementary School, Desert Ridge Middle School and La Cueva High School – all top-rated schools by Niche and Great! Schools.org.
North Albuquerque Acres is also unincorporated, meaning that even though Double Eagle Elementary is in the neighborhood and a part of Albuquerque Public Schools, most government services in the area are provided by Bernalillo County. There is no crime data on the neighborhoods from either the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office or Albuquerque Police Department, but the area has a reputation for having very few crime problems.
Top picks: best lots for sale in North Albuquerque Acres
Many homes have vacant neighboring lots waiting for someone to build on. The following lots and land for sale are this week’s top picks for buyers looking to build and settle in the affluent and coveted North Albuquerque Acres neighborhood:
1. 11502 Elena Drive NE – A .98-acre $275,000 lot on the north side of Elena Drive with a new home being constructed to the east and another across the street and two lots up. The four bedroom, two bath off market home across the street is listed at $548,000 by HomeSnap. The plot for sale is listed by Carol Sauder of Coldwell Banker Legacy. According to listing details on HomeSnap, “This lot gives you a prestigious address and incredible views on one of the most coveted streets in North Albuquerque Acres.” The listing says horses are allowed, electricity and natural gas available but sewer and water are not. To contact the listing agent, call 505-620-3898.
2. 0 Oakland-Browning-Richfield Avenue NE – This three-lot 2.33-acre package deal dropped in price from $1.2 million on March 5 to $900,000 on March 10. The seller will sell each lot separately for $315,000 each or all three lots in one. According to the HomeSnap listing, two of the lots are hydrology waiver lots with no flood zones. The seller will carry a Real Estate Contract with 20% down and 6% interest. Cable, electricity, and phone utility lines are available, but sewer and water are not. To contact the listing agent, call 505-883-1414.
3. 12501 Wilshire Avenue NE – Water, sewer, underground utilities, electric and natural gas are available on this .81-acre $550,000 lot. The HomeSnap listing says there is approximately 800 lineal feet of existing wall and fencing with mature landscaping around the perimeter of the property. The listing calls the lot a “hidden jewel” with “spectacular views galore!!!” and says it is the “last 1 acre lot bordering the East side of the coveted Primrose Pointe Subdvision.” There are no HOA fees or restrictive covenants, and the plot provides unobstructed views with $1 million one-story homes around the property. Call the listing agent at 505-480-1627.
4. 12520 Elena Drive NE – Listed by Kamran Omidvar of Berkshire Hathaway, this .43-acre $259,000 plot went on the market November 16. Cable, electricity, natural gas and phone utilities are available and on street. Possible uses are listed as agricultural, residential and unimproved. The property is surrounded by $1 million homes with “incredible city and mountain views.” Contact the listing agent at 505-319-3800.
5. 10909 Modesto Avenue NE – Another Carol Sauder/Coldwell Banker listing in North Albuquerque Acres with 360-degree views and plenty of land to build a dream home on. The land is on a flood zone does not have water or sewer available. Cable, electricity, natural gas and phone utilities are available with horses allowed for the residential property. The .89-acre $200,000 plot has been on the market since October 18. For more information, contact the listing agent at 505-620-3898.