Now that Thanksgiving is over its time to get out the house and enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. Here are a few events to enjoy in and around northeast Albuquerque, Nov. 25-27.
1. World Cup Watch Parties at Sandia Resort and Casino and Salt Yard East are scheduled for the U.S. vs. England group stage game. The game is at noon Friday, Nov. 25 with the party starting at 10:30 a.m. at Salt Yard East and 11:30 a.m. at Sandia Resort and Casino.
2. The La Cueva Bears take on Cleveland Storm in the 2022 Nusenda Credit Union State Football Championships final Saturday, Nov. 26 at 1 p.m. The game will be at Wilson Stadium with tickets $10 for adults and $5 for students, seniors and military. Tickets can be purchased on GoFan.
3. Ice skate at the Outpost Ice Arena all weekend. On Friday, Nov. 25 and Saturday, Nov. 26 public skating hours are 1-3 pm., 3:15-5:15 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. On Sunday Nov. 27 public skating hours are 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 2-4 p.m. and 4:30-6:30 p.m. The public skating fee is $10 for ages six and up and skate rentals are $3 for all ages.
4. Paint and sip wine during the Farmhouse Winter Wishes event at Painting With a Twist, Saturday, Nov. 26 from 4-6 p.m. Tickets start at $41 and can be purchased online at the Painting With a Twist website.
1. Small Business Saturday hits this weekend as part of Shop Local Month. Shopping events — and in some cases, live music — will be taking place all across the city, which is home to more than 40,000 local businesses. In order to make shopping easier and more accessible, parking will be free at city meters along Central from Eighth to Carlisle and in the Old Town parking lot from Nov. 25 to Jan. 2.
2. A Black Friday Pet Adoption event is being held at Lucky Paws and PetSmart Charities Everyday Adoption Center. Doors will be open at these locations Friday, and the Animal Welfare Department will waive adoption fees. Other adoption policies will remain in place, such as thorough matchmaking procedures and background checks. Each adoption includes a spay or neuter, a microchip, required vaccinations and one free initial pet visit. Dog adoptions also come with one free dog training class. Locations are Lucky Paws, 660 Menaul NE; Coronado Mall Everyday Adoption Center, 350 Eubank Blvd. NE (located inside PetSmart). View available pets by visiting the Animal Welfare website.
3. The 2022 Festival of Trees, presented by Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundation, runs Nov. 25-27 at ABQ Uptown Marriott, 2101 Louisiana Blvd. NE. Dozens of trees and wreaths will be on display and available for sale. The event is free to the public from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, and ticketed events will also be available.
4. The New Mexico Artisan Market runs 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 25-27 at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. This is a showcase of handcrafted products curated from the state’s most talented craters and makers. Ticket prices range from $10-$15. Items include jewelry, fashion, fine art, home decor, artisanal food, gifts and more.