The average price of unleaded gasoline in Albuquerque dropped a penny since last week, according to AAA data. A week ago, the average price of regular unleaded was $4.28. This week, the average is $4.27. The average price of midgrade, premium and diesel went down throughout the city as well. Except for a few locations, prices in the Northeast Heights also dropped since last week.
• Regular unleaded at the Circle K/Phillips 66 at 9811 Montgomery Blvd. is 12 cents less than last week, at $4.25 a gallon. Midgrade also dropped 12 cents to $4.58 a gallon, as did premium, now at $4.88 a gallon, and the cost for a gallon of diesel fuel went down from $5.27 to $4.97 in one week.
• A gallon of regular costs 14 cents less than last week at the Murphy Express at 9700 Montgomery Blvd. NE, coming in at $4.11. Unleaded plus is 11 cents less at $4.44 a gallon. Super unleaded is also down at $4.74, and diesel went from last week’s $5.26 to $4.96 a gallon as of noon May 25. Prices for unleaded plus and super unleaded posted on Google Maps were more than 24 hours old.
• The price for regular unleaded at the 9633 Montgomery Blvd. Chevron stayed the same at $4.50 a gallon. Midgrade and premium also stayed the same at $4.85 and $5.30 a gallon. Prices posted for this location were also more than 24 hours old.
• The Phillips 66, 5301 Wyoming Blvd., is charging $4.17 for a gallon of regular, 11 cents less than last week. Midgrade is at $4.62 a gallon, premium $4.92 a gallon, and diesel dropped three cents to $5.47 a gallon.
• Prices at the Circle K/Shell gas station at 8101 Harper Drive also dropped a few pennies, now charging $4.28 a gallon for regular, $4.73 for midgrade, and $5.03 for premium. Diesel is at $5.47 a gallon.
• A gallon of regular unleaded at the Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 5501 Alameda Blvd. jumped 10 cents since last week to $4.50, midgrade increased 10 cents to $4.95 a gallon. Premium also jumped ten cents to $5.25 a gallon, and diesel went up 10 cents, now at $5.60 a gallon.
• The Chevron at 5980 Alameda Blvd. is charging 10 cents more for a gallon of regular compared to last week, charging $4.50 a gallon. The $4.86 a gallon price for midgrade was more than 24 hours old, and the $5.27 a gallon price for premium fuel was up 10 cents from last week.
The average price for regular unleaded in Albuquerque remains slightly below the state’s average of $4.32 a gallon. AAA data shows Catron County as having the highest average price of regular in the state at $4.78 a gallon. Nationwide, the average cost of regular unleaded is $4.59 a gallon, up a penny from last week’s $4.58 a gallon. The average price of regular unleaded in California remained the most expensive in the country at $6.06 a gallon, according to AAA data.
Prices are rounded down to the nearest penny using AAA and Google Maps data.