The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel in Albuquerque increased 23 cents since last week. This week the average price for regular unleaded gasoline is $4.27, up from $4.04, according to AAA. The AAA website indicates all fuel types increased since last week, and the Northeast Heights is no exception.
• The Circle K/Phillips 66 at 9811 Montgomery Blvd. went from $3.86 for a gallon of regular unleaded last week to $4.26 a gallon on May 11. Midgrade went up to $4.70 a gallon, premium jumped to $5 a gallon, and the price for a gallon of diesel went up from $5.19 to $5.49 in one week.
• At $4.23 a gallon, the Murphy Express at 9700 Montgomery Blvd. NE was charging 36 cents more for a gallon of regular unleaded than last week. Unleaded plus was $4.53 a gallon, super unleaded $4.83, and diesel was $5.43 per gallon. E15 fuel cost $4.18 a gallon.
• The Chevron at 9633 Montgomery was charging about 20 cents more for regular fuel than last week, coming in at $4.50 a gallon. Midgrade went up 10 cents to $4.75 a gallon, and premium fuel went from $5.10 to $5.30 a gallon in a week’s time.
• The Phillips 66, 5301 Wyoming Blvd., was charging $4.30 for a gallon of regular, up 34 cents since last week. Midgrade was at $4.75 a gallon, premium at $5.05, and diesel $5.50 a gallon.
• The Circle K/Shell gas station at 8101 Harper Drive was charging $4.30 for a gallon of regular – up 32 cents since last week. Midgrade was $4.75 a gallon, premium $5.50, and diesel $5.50 a gallon.
• A gallon of regular unleaded at the Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 5501 Alameda Blvd. went up to $4.35, midgrade increased 30 cents to $4.80 a gallon. Premium also jumped 30 cents to $5.10 a gallon, and diesel went up to $5.50 a gallon.
• The Chevron at 5980 Alameda Blvd. was charging $4.40 for a gallon for regular, $4.86 for midgrade, and $5.27 for premium fuel.
According to AAA, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded in New Mexico went up from $4.11 last week to $4.26 this week. Nationally, prices went up from last week’s $4.22 per gallon of regular fuel to this week’s $4.40. The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded fuel in the U.S. was $2.98 a year ago. Gas prices in the Northeast Heights were found using Google Maps and by visiting in person. Prices are rounded down and were recorded between 4:30-7 p.m., May 11.