1.New Mexico Pride Pageant hosted by Sloane and abqpride.com brings this all-ages event to Expo NM in the African American Performing Arts Center and Exhibit Hall from 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12. Tickets are $20, and there will be alcohol available for those with ID. Performances from contestants will determine who is crowned this year’s NM Pride King and Queen.
2. Women’s Beauty and Wellness Expo at Balloon Fiesta Park in Sid Cutter Pilot’s Pavilion will have more than 60 exhibits showcasing beautiful, handcrafted jewelry, sweet and savory treats, arts, home décor, apparel, beauty products and services from the best local businesses in the Bernalillo County. The Women’s Beauty & Wellness Expo celebrates womanhood and empowers ladies to make informed decisions about local lifestyle choices. The Expo runs 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and tickets will be from $5-$20.
3. Pedal and Swing Fundraising Dance hosted by CSP Dance Studios will benefit the ALS and MS associations and support those affected by these incurable afflictions. Come out and learn to swing dance at 1624 Eubank Blvd NE on Sunday, Nov. 13 from 5-8 p.m. with a $10 suggested donation.
Click images for link to event
4. The ABQ BioPark is offering veterans and military personnel $1 admission Friday. Those presenting a valid military or veteran’s ID card can get in at the special rate, and up to five accompanying family members will get in for $1 each as well. The special admission is for one-time use at the soon or the aquarium/botanic garden. Guests can get their tickets in advance online by selecting “Veterans and Active Duty” ticket for Nov. 11 on the zoo or aquarium/garden ticket pages. Tickets will also be available at the gate.
5. The Return of the Sandhill Crane Celebration runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the Open Space Visitor Center 6500 Coors Blvd. NW. The day includes yoga on the patio, a discussion on bird-safe yards, a performance from Maple Street Dance, a Book of Cranes display and more, all at no cost.
6. Starting at noon Saturday, those age 21 and older are invited to check out “the first-ever event in NM to deliver ALL the adult beverages at one festival.” The Enchantment Beer, Wine and Spirits Festival will run until 5 p.m. at the Balloon Fiesta Park Multi-Use Facility. Several breweries, wineries, distilleries and food vendors will be on hand throughout the day with last call at 4:30 p.m. A list of vendors and information on how to get tickets can be found on the event’s Facebook page.
7. A Veterans Day Parade and ceremony will be held at New Mexico Veterans Memorial. The parade starts at 9 a.m. at USS Bullhead Memorial Park and continues to New Mexico Beterans Memorial. The ceremony and celebration follows from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and includes vendors, food trucks and educational and fun activities.