The New Mexico Department of Transportation is hosting car seat inspection clinics during National Child Passenger Safety Awareness Week. Car seats reduce child fatality risk significantly, and these clinics provide parents with valuable information and assistance in choosing and installing the right car seats.
The inspection clinics will run from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23, at several locations around the state. Child passenger safety technicians will help educate parents on how to pick, install and avoid common errors when it comes to car seats. If a technician finds a seat that is unsafe, replacement seats will be available if the child is present. A $25 fee may apply for a replacement. Meetings are first-come, first-served; no appointment necessary.
– Albuquerque (Northeast): Kohl’s parking lot, 6800 Holly NE
– Albuquerque (Southeast): Bernalillo County Fire Department Station No. 38, 3610 Prince SE
– Rio Rancho: Target parking lot, 4225 Crestview Drive SE
– Santa Fe: J.C. Penney parking lot, Santa Fe Place Mall, 4250 Cerrillos Road
– Carlsbad: Carlsbad Mall, 2302 W. Pierce Street
– Clovis: The Java Loft, 810 E. 21 Street
– Deming: Deming Fire Department, 309 S. Gold Avenue
– Farmington: J.C. Penney parking lot, Animas Valley Mall, 4601 E. Main Street
– Las Cruces: Doña Ana County Health Services Center, 1170 N. Solano Drive