1. Fall fest Fall Market. Hosted by Maria Boutique, this free event will have more than 50 local vendors, food trucks, dance performances and free face painting for all ages. The market will be 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday at 9577 Osuna Road NE.
2. Embudito Hike-in-yoga. Hosted by ABQ Yoga With Kat, experience outdoor yoga like never before. Hike and practice yoga with other like-minded individuals and immerse yourself in nature and connect with your true self. The first and 3rd Sundays of every month, join the group for hiking, nature yoga, journaling, intention-work, guided sound meditation and more. The hike is a four-hour experience starting at 9 a.m. at the Embudito Trailhead parking lot.
3. Backyard Market at ABQ Collective. With more than 35 vendors, live music and food trucks, as well as the 14 businesses inside of the ABQ Collective of local artisans and retailers, people will have tons of fun shopping this new Heights weekend market. Hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at 1321 Eubank Blvd. NE.
4. Once again, animal lovers are invited to a special adoption event with the Animal Welfare Department. The department, in partnership with Albuquerque Kennel Comrades will mark Best Friend’s Animal Society’s National Adoption Weekend by waiving adoption fees at the Eastside and Westside shelters as well as the Everyday Adoption Center in the PetSmart on Eubank. The fees will be waived Sept. 16-18, and each adoption includes a spay or neuter, a microchip, required vaccinations and on free initial pet visit; dogs will also come with one free dog training class. To view pets available at AWD, click here.
5. “Bands of Enchantment,” a national music television show on PBS, is filming season two in Albuquerque. The city and Visit Albuquerque are partnering to sponsor the season, which will feature 12 established industry acts and up-and-coming musical talent at the Albuquerque Rail Yards Blacksmith Shop, 777 First St. SW. Members of the public are invited to join as audience members. Friday night will feature Red Light Cameras at 8 p.m. with doors opening at 7 p.m. To view the entire slate of bands, dates and times or to register to be an audience member, click here.
6. Albuquerque Film + Music Experience, or AFMX, continues its 10th anniversary celebration through Sunday. The experience will include a wide variety of short and feature narrative and documentary films, music and animated videos from around the world. In addition, the event will host Center Stage Conversations, Master Classes and its first Pitch Panel. All screenings and recorded events will be available online through Nov. 18, 2022. For access to the full schedule, film guide or tickets, click here.
7. The Albuquerque Funny Fiesta is in full swing and continues through Sept. 25. It’s an all-comedy extravaganza featuring stand-up comedians, film, improv troupes, sketch performers and more. For the festival schedule, performers, locations and tickets, click here.
And as a bonus, don’t forget that the New Mexico State Fair continues through Sunday!