North Domingo Baca Neighborhood Association is scheduled to have a general meeting Tuesday, Sept. 27, at the NDB Multigenerational Center at 7521 Carmel Ave. NE. The meeting starts at 7 p.m.
Under the revised Neighborhood Association Recognition Ordinance passed by city council earlier this year, neighborhood associations can no longer require membership dues for residents, property owners or businesses within the association’s boundary to be a member or to vote.
North Domingo Baca Neighborhood Association’s boundaries are Paseo del Norte to the south, Wyoming Boulevard to the east, Louisiana Boulevard to the west and Wilshire Avenue to the north, to include residences along Coppell Court and Treviso Court. To see a map of all the recognized neighborhood association boundaries, click here.
Neighborhood associations have until Nov. 27, 2023, to change their bylaws to be in compliance with the new NARO requirements. To continue being recognized by the city as an official neighborhood association or neighborhood coalition, associations and coalitions must:
- Operate in an open and democratic manner.
- Neighborhood association must offer membership to any resident, property owner or business within its boundaries.
- Neighborhood coalitions must offer membership to any neighborhood association, homeowner association, business group, community group, or individual within its boundaries and send a complete list of all coalition members to the Office of Neighborhood Coordination.
- File required paperwork with the ONC.
- Offer membership and voting rights without making payment of dues a requirement.
- Hold at least one meeting per year and use good-faith efforts to promote the meeting within their boundaries and to members.
- Conduct fair and open elections.