The average price of regular unleaded gasoline in Albuquerque continues to climb. According to AAA data, the average price of regular unleaded in the Duke City was $4.43 a gallon last week. This week, the average is $4.84. Prices at gas stations in the far Northeast Heights are reflective of the city’s average, with all locations increasing since last week.
• The Smith’s Fuel Center at 7525 Wyoming Blvd. NE was charging $4.89 for a gallon of regular unleaded as of 8:30 p.m. June 8, up 30 cents from last week’s $4.59 a gallon. Mid-grade went up to $5.24 a gallon, premium went up to $5.59, and diesel was $5.69 a gallon.
• The price of regular unleaded at the Phillips 66 at 5301 Wyoming Blvd. went up from last week’s $4.60 to $4.88 a gallon. Mid-grade decreased from $5.50 to $5.33 a gallon, premium went from $5.35 to $5.63, and diesel went up from $5.47 to $5.70 a gallon.
• Prices at the Circle K/Shell gas station at 8101 Harper Drive also increased since last week, with regular unleaded going from $4.60 to $4.90 a gallon, mid-grade from $5.05 to $5.35, and premium went from $5.35 to $5.65 a gallon. Diesel increased from $5.40 to $5.70 a gallon in a week’s time.
• A gallon of regular unleaded at the Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 5501 Alameda Blvd. jumped 40 cents to $4.90 since last week, mid-grade went from $4.95 to $5.35 a gallon, and premium increased from $5.35 to $5.65 a gallon. A gallon of diesel fuel cost $5.70 a gallon, up 10 cents since June 1.
• The Chevron at 5980 Alameda Blvd. is charging $4.90 for a gallon of regular, also up from last week. Mid-grade jumped from $4.96 to $5.36, and premium went up from $5.37 to $5.77 a gallon. Prices for premium were more than 24 hours old, according to Google Maps.
The average price for regular unleaded in Albuquerque is more than the state’s average of $4.78 a gallon. AAA data shows San Juan County as having the highest average price of gasoline in the state at $4.96 a gallon. Nationwide, the average cost of regular unleaded also increased, coming in at $4.95 a gallon, up from last week’s $4.67 a gallon. The average price of regular unleaded in California remained the most expensive in the country at $6.39 a gallon, an increase of 20 cents since last week’s average of $6.19 a gallon, according to AAA data.
*Prices are rounded down to the nearest penny using AAA, Google Maps, and GasBuddy data.