Gas prices in Albuquerque are down from last week by about five cents. According to AAA data, the average price of gasoline in the metro is $3.65 as of 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 31. A week ago, the average price was $3.70. Prices in Albuquerque’s far Northeast Heights were as follows at select stations:
• The 7-Eleven/ALON station at 7843 Tramway Blvd. was charging $3.65 a gallon for regular unleaded, $4.05 for mid-grade, $4.50 for premium, and $4.75 for a gallon of diesel. Prices for all fuel types except for diesel were more than 24 hours old according to Google Maps.
• The price of regular unleaded at the Circle K/Phillips 66 at 6951 San Antonio Drive was $3.63 a gallon, down 17 cents since last week. Mid-grade was $4.13 a gallon, premium $4.38, and diesel $4.79 a gallon, also down since last week.
• The price of regular unleaded at the Circle K/Shell gas station at 8101 Harper Drive decreased 17 cents since last week, now at $3.63 a gallon. Mid-grade also dropped 17 cents from a week ago, now costing $4.13 a gallon. Premium went down to $4.38, and diesel dropped a penny to $4.79 a gallon.
• A gallon of regular unleaded at the Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 5501 Alameda Blvd. decreased one cent since last week, now at $3.79 a gallon. Mid-grade increased from $3.80 to $4.29 a gallon, and premium dropped a penny to $4.54 a gallon. Diesel stayed the same at $4.80 a gallon.
• The Chevron at 5980 Alameda Blvd. was charging $3.79 for a gallon of regular, the same as last week. Mid-grade went from $3.83 to $4.25 a gallon, and premium stayed the same at $4.66 a gallon. The price of mid-grade and premium was more than 24 hours old, according to Google Maps.
According to the Energy Information Administration, 54% of what consumers pay for at the pump for regular unleaded is crude oil, 18% is refining costs, 17% distributing and marketing and 11% is taxes as of July 2022. The site oilprice.com says the price of U.S. Brent Crude was sitting at $96.59 a barrel at around noon MST on Wednesday.
*Prices are rounded down to the nearest penny using AAA and Google Maps data.