Gas prices in the far Northeast Heights hovered around $4.20 per gallon of unleaded fuel on Friday, March 25. The Circle K/Shell gas station at 8101 Harper Drive was $4.18 a gallon when using credit, $4.63 a gallon for midgrade, $4.93 for premium and $4.99 a gallon for diesel fuel. For easy pay customers, the price for regular was $4.08 and the price for diesel $4.89 a gallon. Elsewhere in the Northeast Heights, gas prices remained above $4 per gallon when looking at Google Maps and GasBuddy.
• The Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 6951 San Antonio Drive were one cent higher than the Circle K on Harper for all grades of fuel.
• The ALON at 6201 San Antonio was $4.10 for regular and $4.96 a gallon for diesel fuel.
• The Smith’s Fuel Center at 7525 Holly Ave. was charging $4.19 a gallon for regular, $4.54 for midgrade, $4.89 for premium and $4.99 a gallon for diesel fuel.
• The Chevron at 5980 Alameda Blvd. was charging $4.20 a gallon for regular, $4.76 for midgrade, and $5.17 for premium fuel. Midgrade and premium prices listed on Google Maps were over 24 hours old.
• The Valero off Bien Mur Drive across from Sandia Resort and Casino was charging $4.23 a gallon for regular, $4.33 for midgrade, $4.55 for premium, and $5.11 for a gallon of diesel fuel.
Google Maps makes finding gas stations and fuel prices convenient, while GasBuddy can help drivers save at the pump when they download the app. GasBuddy advertises a savings of up to 25 cents per gallon with a free sign-up. The GetUpside app also helps drivers save on fuel at Circle K and Valero locations. App users pay full price at the pump and then GetUpside pays the savings back, usually between 1-10 cents per gallon. Smith’s reward members receive one fuel point for every dollar spent at the grocery store when filling up at one of their fuel centers.
AAA members and other membership programs also offer savings on gas prices. According to AAA’s website, the average gas price in Albuquerque was $4.085 for a gallon of regular fuel, up almost 63 cents a gallon from the previous month and $2 more from the previous year.