Albuquerque Public Schools educational technology resources and services are available to students and families throughout the city. Some of the resources and services include:
Online and security resources:
• Parents and guardians can monitor, filter and block internet access on their kids’ computers using the GoGuardian app available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. The app allows parents to control internet access from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Monday-Friday and all weekend long. Parent control is turned off during school hours. The app works for both personal and school computers and allows parents to view their children’s internet activity. To learn more visit goguardian.com.
• Student passwords can be reset, and school accounts unlocked at pwreset.aps.edu. Student profiles can also be edited, and password reminders sent to anyone who has forgotten theirs.
• To learn how APS and Google work together to ensure privacy and security to students under the age of 18, visit aps.edu/educational-technology/google-age-based-controls. Some of Google’s age-based restrictions for student accounts include blocking access to paid features on Google Photos, restricting locations to be shared on Google Maps and Google Earth, and blocking access to explicit sites through Google’s SafeSearch.
Device care and information:
• Student Chromebooks and chargers no longer needed or that aren’t working properly can be turned in to any APS front office location with no penalty or questions asked.
• Information on back-to-school iPads, including device care, safety and app management can be found by clicking on this link.
• Stolen, broken or lost Chromebook chargers can be replaced through a student’s school. Students are responsible for their chargers, but if anything should happen, the student’s school can help with managing, distributing and replacing chargers.
EdTech website & links:
• The Educational Technology Google Site provides students, parents and teachers with educational technology information and resources. To visit the site, go to sites.google.com/aps.edu/educational-technology/home.
• EdTech for students provides self-paced courses and badges for Apple and Google supported tools.
• Questions about APS technology can be asked directly to APS EdTech support by clicking here.
To learn more about APS EdTech services and resources, visit aps.edu/educational-technology.