The average price of regular unleaded fuel in Albuquerque is about 11 cents more than it was last week. A week ago, the average price for regular fuel was $3.93. The current average for the city is $4.04, according to AAA’s website. Prices at gas stations in the far Northeast Heights have not changed much since last week’s gas watch report, except for some select fuels and locations when comparing costs using Google Maps and visiting in-person.
• The Smith’s Fuel Center at 7525 Wyoming Blvd. is charging $4 for a gallon of unleaded, $4.35 for a gallon of midgrade, and $4.70 for a gallon of premium fuel.
• The Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 5501 Alameda Blvd. is charging $4.05 for a gallon of regular unleaded, $4.50 for midgrade, $4.80 for premium, and $4.90 for a gallon of diesel fuel.
• The Circle K/Shell gas station at 8101 Harper Drive is $4 a gallon for unleaded, $4.45 a gallon for midgrade, $4.75 for premium, and $5 for a gallon of diesel fuel.
• A gallon of unleaded fuel at the Circle K/Phillips 66 gas station at 6951 San Antonio Drive is $4, midgrade is $4.45, premium $4.75, and a gallon of diesel $5.
• The Chevron at 5980 Alameda Blvd. is charging $4.17 a gallon for regular, $4.63 for midgrade, and $5.04 for premium fuel.
A year ago, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded in Albuquerque was $2.85, midgrade was $3.18, and premium $3.46, according to AAA’s website. The site says the current average price for a gallon of unleaded fuel in New Mexico is $4.115 and the U.S. average $4.12. A year ago the national average for a gallon of unleaded was $2.88.